Parents always try to find the best ways to keep their children occupied. As minds that are still developing, children need to be stimulated all the time. A child who lacks stimulation will have many issues growing up, which is why parents must take care of that aspect. With that in mind, how early do you think you need to start? Researchers say that as fast as possible. Why? Because small children have brains like a sponge. They absorb everything they hear and see. In order to give it some value, you need to invest in all sorts of games that will help your child develop a healthy mind. One way to do that is by purchasing the best shape sorter you can find.
Shape sorters are toys that will teach your children the meaning of spacing. The idea itself is simple, but it has a positive impact on the child, which is why it worth some attention. You may see some geometrical figures in a box, but for the child, that is the path to logical thinking and early mathematics skills. Studies suggest that a child who is able to solve a shape sorter will provide with early math performance. Who would not want that for their child?
The benefits of shape sorters
While you may think it is a toy, a shape sorter is, in fact, a tool that your child will benefit a lot from. I do not know if you are aware of this, but in fact, a shape sorter positively affects your baby’s brain. Here are the advantages a shape sorter has.
- Improves baby’s spacial skills – not all parents know what that is, but it is ok. It is perfectly fine to not know everything. After all, that is why you are reading this article right now. While playing with the shape sorter, your child will know where everything goes. You may not think much about that, but those are the exact skills that teach a child that a key goes into a keyhole or a CD goes into a CD player. It is a skill that must be learned at an early age, and a shape sorter will help you teach that to your kid.
- The child develops logical thinking – logic is yet another crucial thing that kids must learn as early as possible. They need to be able to make associations, which will help them later in life. For example, did you know that some kindergartens have an admission test which involves a shape sorter? That is because it shows brain development and skill.
- The child plays and learns at the same time – many of you must wish that all things can be taught with toys. Lucky for you, most of them can. Baby products manufacturers have produced a fun tool for almost anything. Do you want your child to learn how to brush his teeth? Here is this fun-shaped toothbrush. That is just an example, but there are many such tools. A shape sorter is one of them. The child sees a bunch of colorful toys that need to be put in a colorful box, but he does not realize the fact that he is actually learning something. That is the best way of doing things if you ask me. How many toddlers do you know who are keen on learning something useful for the future?
How to choose the best shape sorter?
Children’s toys are a massive market. When I was a child, I do not remember finding so many toys, but today…today is an entirely different story. You can get a shape sorter from every single toys manufacturer out there, but how do you know which one is the best? Truth be told, there are several versions of ‘the best shape sorter.’ It depends on the parent and what his or her preferences are. However, there are a few general things that you need to consider, and they apply to every shape sorter out there.
- Materials – you and I both know that not all manufacturers meet the safety standards when it comes to plastic. Some of them cut a few corners and use cheap plastic that can be toxic for your child. It is more serious than you may think. If I am not mistaken, there were a few cases reported in Europe in which a few children got sick because the Chinese manufacturer used cheap and toxic plastic in its toys. That is why you need to make sure that the plastic shape sorter you buy is safe for your child. On the other hand, you can always go for a wood shape sorter. Of course, the wood needs to be untreated, or if it is treated, the substances need to be harmless for children. Even the paint on the wood needs to be safe. Check that as well.
- Size – you may think that size is not important, but you are wrong. Apparently, children, toddlers, in particular, find it difficult to handle if the shape sorter is bigger than their body. While a large shape sorter looks appealing, the kid will get bored fast because he or she needs to get up every time a piece needs to go in. Instead, buy a shape sorter that is no bigger than your child’s torso, so to speak. Comfort is also a factor just so you know.
- The shapes – some shape sorters have two or three shapes that go in the box, while others have much more. I do not think there is a right or wrong when it comes to the number of shapes. However, I believe that the best shape sorter should consist of every commonly used form in real life. I get that circles, squares, and triangles are important, but so are rectangles, hexagons, and stars. Not to mention that the last ones I mentioned are a little bit more complex and will challenge the child’s brain.
- Additional activities – we are all aware that children get bored fast. Their brains process information so quickly, that they are immediately interested in something else. Shape sorters manufacturers thought of that, which is why some of them built a shape sorter with additional built-in activities. All you have to do is turn the item over, and there you go. You find another game. I saw one product that had the box on top of a truck, which I found very interesting. It is always a good idea to have a backup plan that will keep the kids
I do not know any other criteria that could help you choose, but bear in mind that you are not looking for a computer or something complex. You are looking for a toy, which should not be difficult. As long as it is not a safety hazard, you can go for pretty much anything.
What are the best shape sorters?
You would not believe what is out there. Countless shape sorters, if you have not guessed. They come from multiple brands, and they are difficult to sort through. But if you have no intention of sorting through all that, here are three excellent suggestions that I am sure you will like.
Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Baby’s First Blocks
Fisher-Price is a leader on the market, which is why I could not have omitted one of their products. It is called Baby’s First Blocks because the recommended age for this toy starts from 6 months old. You may not think much about that until you realize that most toys need to be considered carefully so that they can reach such a small age group. That tells me the toy is more than safe, and I would buy it for my kid.
This shape sorter is your child’s first chance to learn how to identify objects and learn to match shapes. Again, this is a simple toy, but at the same time, it is brilliant. The box resembles a storage bucket, which it actually is, except that the lid has the shape sorting spaces. There are five different shapes which are meant to develop your child’s early identification skills.
The lid may have only five spaces, but there are 10 blocks in total, and they are all painted in fun colors. The blocks are easy to grasp, they are lightweight and made of safe plastic. The box has a convenient handle for easy carrying. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon
Melissa & Doug Shape Sorting Cube
The shape sorter from Melissa & Doug is among the buyers’ favorites. As a result, the product has been bought by thousands of people and received excellent reviews. Just like all shape sorters, this one promotes color and shape recognition and develops your child’s problem-solving skills. After all, that is the whole reason you buy it in the first place.
As opposed to the previous product, this one is made entirely out of wood. The box, as well as the cubes, are made of high-quality, untreated wood that presents no danger to your child whatsoever. The colors and the shape will attract your child’s attention. The 12 shapes are lightweight and easy to grasp. In order to take out the shapes, all you need to do is slide the lid and then slide it back in. The age group for which this toy is recommended is 24 months to four years, so you must wait a while if your child is younger.
One of the aspects that are highly appreciated by parents is that for extra 5$ or so you can personalize the toy with your child’s name. It is not much, but I think it is a nice personal touch. The toy guarantees hours of fun. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon
Lewo Wooden Shapes Sorter and Activity Center
This product is a little bit more complex than the other two. The toy is a shape sorter, but it features other games as well. It is made of wood, just like the previous shape sorter, which is something that I personally love. I will always prefer wooden toys to plastic. The product presents a 4 in 1 activity center: shape sorter, lacing beads, xylophone, and an abacus. All these activities are meant to help with the development of your child’s brain and skills.
The toy features a comfortable and convenient string handle for easy carrying, and all the blocks have different shapes and colors. That is supposed to help with shape recognition. The large beads will influence the gross motor skills, fine motor, and let’s not forget about the hand-eye coordination. The wooden lid is removable, and storage is easy.
The Lewo activity center has a sturdy construction with a durable and child-safe paint finish. The box is no bigger than 7 inches on all sides, and your child is going to love it. It guarantees hours of fun. All the pretty colors will attract the toddler’s attention, which will only encourage his or her development. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon
I just want to make myself clear and say that I will always be fond of wooden toys. They have this nostalgic aspect, and not to mention that wood is softer as a material, which is why I think it is suitable for kids. That is if they do not have a toxic finish. With that in mind, my personal favorite is the Lewo Wooden Shapes Sorter and Activity Center. It does have a shape sorter, but the fact that it is so much more than that makes it my favorite. In my opinion, that is one of the best shape sorters a parent can buy for his or her child.
If you think about it, today’s parents are lucky. They have all sorts of tools to help their children with all their skills. That is a very good thing, and it makes you think of a future with brighter kids in it. A shape sorter, as simple as it may be, is an excellent start in life, which is why I strongly recommend it. Hopefully, you will love and choose one of the product above. Click here to buy on Amazon
- What You Don’t Know About 1 Year Old Birthday Gifts Could Be Costing to More Than You Think
- Shape Sorter for 1 Year Old Secrets That No One Else Knows About
- The Insider Secret on 1st Birthday Present Ideas Discovered
- Secret Shortcuts to Best Toys for 2 Year Olds That Only the Pros Know About
- Rumored Hype on Fisher Price Shape Sorter Cube Discovered
- Why Nobody Is Talking About Sorting Toys for Toddlers and What You Should Do Right Now About It
- The Fundamentals of Best Baby Toys Revealed
- The Unexposed Secret of Wooden Toys
- The Ideal Strategy to Baby Learning Toys
- What You Can Do About 1st Birthday Gift Ideas Beginning in the Next 8 Minutes
- Getting the Best Best Toys for Toddlers
- What Absolutely Everyone Is Saying About First Birthday Presents and What You Should Do
- The Pitfall of Shape Toys for Toddlers
- 1st Birthday Presents Features
- Reported News on Toys for 1 Year Old Discovered
- The Tried and True Method for First Birthday Gifts in Step by Step Detail
- Secret Shortcuts to Toys for a 1 Year Old Only the Experts Know About
- Brief Article Teaches You the Ins and Outs of Shape Sorter Age and What You Should Do Today
- Top Melissa and Doug Shape Sorter Tips!
- Possible Warning Signs on Wooden Baby Toys You Should Be Aware Of
- Things You Won’t Like About 1st Birthday Gifts and Things You Will
- Whatever They Told You About Wooden Shape Sorter Toy Is Dead Wrong…And Here’s Why
- An Unbiased View of Shape Sorter Toys for 1 Year Old
- Reliable Techniques for Shape Sorter Ball You Can Use Immediately
- The Do This, Get That Guide On Shape Toys
- The Secret to Best Shape Sorter
- The Importance of Sorting Toys
- Introducing Stacking Toys
- Shape Sorters for Babies Secrets That No One Else Knows About
- Why Absolutely Everybody Is Talking About Fisher Price Shape Sorter and What You Should be Doing
- Baby Shape Sorter Secrets That No One Else Knows About
- The Chronicles of Shape Sorters
- The New Angle On Shape Sorter Toy Just Released
- Top Wooden Shape Sorter Tips!
- Shape Sorter Tips